Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Losing for the Cure

As most of you know I lost my mum to breast cancer in 1996. I myself have had 2 scares over the last few years that resulted in many tests including two different biopsies. The reality for me going forward will be yearly MRI's and mammograms for the rest of my life. Raising awareness for breast cancer is a cause that is very close to my heart. I am just one person but if can do even a little and raise a couple of hundred dollars that makes me happy. So here is the plan...

I am using the month of October which is breast cancer awareness month to re motivate myself into a better direction of health and happiness. My weight loss (or lack thereof) journey is one that has been going on for years. I have struggled to stay the course and reach my goals and at times I have felt defeated. But the good news is, I have never given up and I don't intend to start now. SO my job is to lose weight, all I ask of you is to support me, push me and donate to a worthy cause in the process. My starting weight as of October 1st was 221.1. I did take a picture of the scale but for some reason it's not uploading. I will post it as soon as it will let me. I will weigh myself on November 1st and whatever I have lost I am asking you to match that number and donate to either the Susan G Komen foundation or the National Breast Cancer Foundation in memory of my mum. I know there will be those of you who would prefer just to donate a specific amount and you can do that at any time by visiting my page at Susan G Komen by clicking HERE or the National Breast Cancer Foundation by clicking HERE. If you are choosing to donate based off of my weight loss number after I weigh myself Nov 1st, please just leave me a comment to let me know that.

I am going to challenge myself to post here daily to help keep myself on track so be sure to check back daily. I appreciate your support and willingness to donate to a cause that is so important to me. Please spread the word, tell your friends and pass the links to my donation pages around

1 comment:

  1. I'll match whatever you lose and double it. Go Evey!

    ReplyDelete